Thursday, July 5, 2012

Raw Vegan Corn Soup with Almond Milk and Cilantro

Raw corn is so delicious, I don't think I'll ever cook it again. A few times this week I've included some kernels in my dinner salads, but today I made a raw vegan corn soup for lunch. This was good enough to impress carnivorous Jake.  (Sorry my soups look so frothy when they're freshly blended.)



Raw Vegan Corn Soup

Ingredients: 
kernels from one large ear of corn
1 red pepper
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 large clove onion, minced
1 generous tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 handful cilantro (or substitute another herb if you don't like cilantro)
minced jalapeno or hot sauce to taste
about 2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
about 1 1/2 cup water


Reserve a few corn kernels and cilantro leaves for garnish, and put everything else in the blender. Blend! Enjoy. This made enough for me to have one bowl with lunch and another with dinner.

I also had my standard red cabbage, carrot and golden raisin salad with lunch.



And I made a sunflower/sun dried tomato pate before dinner, but I forgot to photograph it so I'll give you the recipe tomorrow--if I have time. This weekend I'm selling my soap at an enormous festival and I'm scrambling to get ready!

Today's Chow:
Mojito-inspired smoothie with lime, mint, a date and a banana blended with water
the last of the sprouted quinoa with blueberries and coconut, served with almond milk
corn soup and cabbage/carrot slaw
more corn soup, green salad with a dollop of sunflower pate
I was going to have frozen banana "ice cream" but I wasn't hungry. So the bananas are still in the freezer. I bet tomorrow I'll be happy about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment